Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm sorry but I think this is a decent idea taken to the retarded extent

So what happens when the girl goes and gets a job and says, 'Well, i would like to only show up when I want. Maybe not at all on Friday. I also don't want to learn this part of the job, but I will do this part." It's not realistic is it? How could this help a child be functional in our world? You have to have a balance of education in your strengths and weaknesses also, don't you?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/27/gutierrez.unschooing/index.html

1 Comments:

At February 6, 2006 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Kathryn "Stenoray" Thomas, RDR, CRC said...

Noted quote: "I actually don't know what I'm learning," Nailah said. "I think I'm just having a good time."

Sure, the parents have a right to do this (and I am WAY ALL FOR homeschooling), but with this setup, how would a child learn to set and achieve goals? Is there any sense of accomplishment?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home