Wednesday, August 10, 2005

No one ever has a greater day than that of their own funeral

Have you ever noticed that no matter the person, generally, everybody gets a great send off into eternity. I mean you could have been a real jerk and people still come around this event and say great things about you. The exception is of course the murderer, rapist, etc. But even then there is still family that look on the brighter side if there is one. I struggle with this because I have been to funerals where all these great things have been said about a person and then the real story comes out later over the potato salad at the dinner that has been so nicely prepared in their honor. Just seems weird to me. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At August 12, 2005 at 4:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn "Stenoray" Thomas, RDR, CRC said...

I hear you.

What gets me the most, and I know this comes from a "there are no atheists in foxholes" mindset, is how ANY little smidgen of religion the deceased may have is brought out and magnified at the funeral. Regardless of what their committment may have been in life.

I know it's for survivors' comfort, but really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home